Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas & Introduction

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

This is my first post, so I thought an introduction was appropriate.

My name is Amy, I'm 27 years old, and currently I teach Pre-Kindergarten. My parents have been divorced for over 20 years and I was primarily raised by a single mother and a set of grandparents. I have two younger sisters, 25 & 23 years old. My only full-blooded sister (who I feel more comfortable leaving nameless at this time) is 25 years old and is an addict. Her current drug of choice is heroin.

My role in my sister's addiction is different from so many others. I'm not the parent or child of an addict or even the spouse of an addict. I'm just the sister of one. However, that doesn't mean her addiction doesn't affect my life. My mother, sister, and I have all lived together before her using and during her using.. my life was (and is) definitely impacted by my sister's choices and drug use.

I realize Christmas isn't the ideal day to be thinking and blogging about this, but addiction doesn't take holidays off. Plus, there is no time like the present. Thanks for listening. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment